Sunday, March 27, 2011

unemployed

being unemployed has officially begun, yet it still hasn't really hit me yet. My roommate says it'll probably hit me when I'm in Burma or something.

I've still felt busy each day, yet without the pressures of being employed. I've been able to organize my days better, creating a to-do list the night before, to ensure that I am moving forward with my plans. Yet with all these errands to run, I haven't really let the situation sink in my mind. Maybe it won't while I'm still in California since I get really antsy if I am not doing something, anything.

Money has been hard to keep in my pockets. Less time confined in an office space busily working means more time to spend spend spend, and I want to spend as much time with my friends and family before I leave, which also means having a harder time eating healthy and portioning my meals. Workout Plan commences NOW.


I was able to finally get some travel vaccinations last week. I ended up going to the Orange County Health Clinic at the advice of my cousin since they were the most affordable of all the places I researched. Apparently, some of the vaccinations I got while I was an infant required additional boosters even though they used to be considered "lifetime" vaccinations at the time.

Polio ($25.50)
Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)($33.25)
Yellow Fever ($85.25)
Typhoid (Oral) ($30.00)
Flu (Free)
Office Fee ($30.00)

TOTAL COST: ($204.00)

The nurse suggested that I go to my general doctor to get a blood test to check if I needed Hep A/Hep B boosters. I will also need to go to a doctor that specializes in travel to obtain antibiotics and Malaria pills based on my itinerary. A vaccination for Japanese Encephalitis was not recommended due to the cost as well as the fact that I would not be traveling for long periods of time in rural farming areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment