Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 168 - Gule Gule Turkey, Ahoj Prague!

Woke up early in the morning to catch the airport bus from Taksim Square to the Ataturk Airport. There was very little traffic today, probably due to the coming holiday (Feast of the Sacrifice) where most Turkish people went to their hometowns to celebrate.

I booked a flight to Prague with Air France, with a layover in Marseille. I was a little scared about boarding an Air France flight, after that terrible accident where the entire flight was lost at sea coming from Brazil back to France, but we made it to Marseille safely, despite it being very foggy and windy in the area. The layover was about 4 hours...the things I do to save a couple dollars on flights... at least Air France flights have free food and wine, which I happily drank on board on my flight from Marseille to Prague.

It was dark when I arrived in Prague, but the transportation was easy to follow to get to my destination. I booked a sweet deal at a hostel/hotel with luxurious bunk beds in the 14-bed dorm room. There were a bunch of Americans in the hostel. I guess Prague is a very popular destination among people from the states? The hostel offered a beer pub crawl for 400 Czech koruna but I opted out since it was too expensive...Beer would be free for the first hour, but I don't think I could get my money's worth downing beer after beer, especially since beer here is anywhere from 25 to 40 CZK for a half liter! I ended up exploring the city at night on my own, stopping by Frank Gehry's Dancing House and a couple other monuments in the area before calling it a night.

Frank Gehry's Dancing House


No comments:

Post a Comment