Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 103 - Wat Arun and the Cabaret Show


My friend Maco and I stayed at a hotel near the airport yesterday since he arrived at around midnight. Today, we checked into a hotel on Silom Road since it was closer to everything, including the subway, sky trains, and commuter boats along the Chao Phraya River.

The hotel was a little farther away from the main Silom area and infamous Patpong area, which was both good and bad. It was more peaceful with less street peddlers, but it also meant we'd probably have to take tuk-tuks to get to the market areas.

It rained most of the afternoon, so we stopped by some of the stores near the hotel, including some Afghan jewelry stores, which had some really cool rings that I'd never seen before on my travels. Usually, you'd see the same touristy souvenirs in multiple countries. Maybe I'll see them again the closer I get to Afghanistan.

Once the rain stopped, we took a boat towards Wat Arun, which I had already visited with my family at the beginning of my trip. I figure I'd play tourguide again since Maco hadn't visited Bangkok in a long time. We made it to the temple 10 minutes before closing, and luckily, we didn't have to pay the entrance fee, which definitely made Maco's day after he bought an expensive ring earlier in the day.

At the end of the night, we headed to the Caberet show that I went to about a month ago with my other friend from Vietnam. This time, we got front row seats, but even close up, many of the ladyboys looked genuinely like women!


Wat Arun








Ladyboy Cabaret

No comments:

Post a Comment