Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 105 - Chatuchak Weekend Market


I've been wanting to buy souvenirs and some new clothing while in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, but have held off until today since I'd gotten advice from different people to come to Chatuchak on the weekends to find the best deals.

The entire place is way too large to navigate in a single weekend, especially in the heat. Maco and I managed to peruse through some of the clothing stalls in the afternoon before calling it a day when we got tired from the humidity and heat. The deals were there, but we didn't really have as much purchasing power because we weren't buying in bulk. I think many of the vendors on the streets of Silom and Sukhumvit may have purchased from this market?

It was funny because we tried really hard to bargain down as much as we could, but I couldn't keep a poker face on when I saw something I liked. We were supposed to pretend like we were indifferent at everything, and then balk at the price offered, but I would always forget! I've been traveling for over 3 months and I couldn't even follow these simple rules!

1 comment:

  1. Trust Maco to bargain at any chance he get. ;)

    I'm his friend btw. Nice pics you got there! :)

    ReplyDelete