Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 108 - Pratunam Market

Spend my last full day in Bangkok just preparing for India, researching on hotels, transportation around Delhi, and the things I could see when I arrive. I'm excited but at the same time, a little more worried than usual due to the things that I have heard from other travelers. Some people said it took them over a week to acclimate themselves to the big city. Some people just didn't like it at all because it was such a culture shock for them. Hopefully my 3 months of traveling will have conditioned me to enjoy it immediately!

I spent a couple of hours at the Pratunam Market, which is another wholesale market similar to Chatuchak to purchase any last minute items before saying a final goodbye to Bangkok for this journey. You can literally almost find every item you've ever thought of purchasing on your SE Asia Adventure here in Bangkok... I saw things I thought were unique to certain regions and remote villages for sale here! I wonder how much of this stuff is mass produced in China...

One thing I'll miss in Bangkok - 20 baht Thai Milk Teas on every corner!

Got a dim sum fix before leaving BKK


No comments:

Post a Comment