Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 96 – Another Lazy Day in KL

These lazy days are great, when I don't feel the pressure to get all
my sightseeing done. Some people say there isn't anything to do in KL
except eat and shop, and I gladly will take the opportunity to just
chill out for a while, take a break from “traveling.”

I spent the majority of the day in Bukit Bintang, and planned the rest
of my KL trip. I had fears that I would not be able to get out of the
city during the Eid ul-Fitr, the end of Ramadan, since everyone would
be traveling out of KL to their hometowns to celebrate with their
families, but luckily, I managed to book a couple buses and a sleeper
train headed to Bangkok. I would take a bus to Malacca for one night
of sightseeing, and then head on another bus from Malacca to Penang
Island for another night of culinary paradise. Then I would take a
sleeper bus from Penang to Bangkok, just in time to meet with a friend
I met in the Philippines!

Tomorrow, I will be a real tourist and take one of those “hop on hop
off” open buses to all the major tourist locations throughout the
city.

Bukit Bintang

Penang Loh-Mee

No comments:

Post a Comment