Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 150 - Last Day in Istanbul

Like every other "last" day in a city or country, I took the time to plan the rest of my trip. It's been tough trying to figure out how much of Turkey I want to see since I didn't realize how big the country was. I was going to possibly sneak in a small trip to Zagreb or Berlin before meeting my cousin in Prague, but I might just take the entire time to see as much of Turkey as possible. There are so many recommendations on cities to visit that I've been forced to pick and choose, and probably stay only one or two days in each city, before hopping onto the next by bus.

I sent a gazillion couch surfing requests, hoping to meet some cool people along the way, and it'll probably help me plan my route based on who I can meet and stay with.

Anto was leaving for Kas tonight, and another CSer arrived from France. I think I've met the most CSers in the past 5 days in Istanbul than in the past 5 months in total. Ahmet, my CS host, has opened his house so eagerly to anyone and everyone and I think we all appreciate the patience and trust he holds in his surfers. We all went out for a last dinner together before Anto left. Tomorrow I head to Canakkale by bus...

Turkish Meatballs (Kofte)

No comments:

Post a Comment