Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 153 - Canakkale to Manisa

Another long bus ride that took about 8 hours to get from Canakkale further southwest to Manisa. I didn't expect the ride to be so long, especially when the bus company said it would take 6 hours, so those last 2 hours were somewhat agonizing. Still, it was a very comfortable ride, but all I could do was listen to music and sleep sleep sleep. I wasn't able to find a decent English book to read in Canakkale since I finished my other one.

 So far, people have told me to read "40 Rules of Love" by Elif Shafak to get a greater sense of the Turkish culture in a more contemporary perspective. Hopefully I'll find a book soon since my Kindle decided to die on me while I was in Nepal.

I arrived at my CS host's place at around 6:30 and the day was already almost over. We had dinner and conversed the rest of the night, planning what we would do tomorrow in Izmir and Manisa.

Breakfast - Borek (thin, flaky pastry stuffed with meat) and Turkish Tea

Lunch - Juicy Chicken Kebabs (definitely a favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment