Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 151 - Istanbul to Canakkale

I took an enjoyable bus ride from Istanbul to Canakkale, which is in the North Western region of Turkey, close to Gallipoli and the city of Troy. Entering Europe, I knew the transportation would be top notch. The bus was spacious, had internet connection, and served drinks and snacks just like on an airplane! The entire bus ride took about 6 hours, and at the end of the ride, the bus boarded a ferry across the Dardanelles to get from Eceabat to Canakkale. It was unfortunate that it took much of the day to get there, so I wasn't able to see much of the seaside city today, but I did meet up with my CouchSurfing host, Aydin, who took me around the city center for some tea. I met his girlfriend as well. The whole center was pretty lively at night, possibly due to the warm weather and also because there was a university near the center, so it had a very "college town" feel, like Westwood in Los Angeles!

Canakkale Clock Tower

Kamilkoc Buses

Sunset on the Dardanelles

No comments:

Post a Comment